What is Transformational Coaching?
If you want to make changes in your life, congratulations on taking the first step! The next step often involves the question: "Which is right for me—therapy or coaching?"
I am not a therapist and will explain here what I do as a Transformational Coach which, I hope, will enable you to make the right decision for you.
Therapy usually takes people from ‘bad’ to ‘so-so’ or from ‘so-so’ to ‘good.' I have many clients who come to me having had therapy and what I find is, while these clients understand how past traumas have impacted their life and behaviour today, these wounds/traumas are still running in their nervous system, haven't actually been released, and as a result they are still affecting their life today. Coaching picks up where therapy leaves off, and takes people from ‘so-so’ or ‘good’ to ‘great’!
Coaching can be divided into two main types:
1. Targeted Life Coaching is about goal setting and achieving specific outcomes, and does not involve intensive emotional processing. Targeted life coaching helps you plan out strategies and keep you accountable each step of the way. It uses the power of laser focus to help you to achieve your goal. So, if you want to lose weight or find a date without delving too deeply into your inner world, then hiring a weight loss coach or a dating coach is your best bet. While I do help you set goals and work towards achieving specific outcomes, I am not that kind of coach!
2. Transformational Coaching is about releasing old wounds/traumas, addressing beliefs about who you really are at the core, transforming these beliefs where appropriate so that you can access your true Self. You will gain clarity and strength in all areas of your life. Transformational coaching involves serious personal growth, requires for you to get uncomfortable when facing and releasing emotional 'stuff' in your life so that you CAN become the next best version of yourself. The techniques used in transformational coaching are powerful, create impact and bring dramatic results. You will be asked to dream and dare beyond a merely ‘mediocre’ life.
Transformational coaching invites you to do the inner and outer work required to become who you are most deeply meant to be in the world. It is advanced personal growth work for people who want to live more consciously and mindfully. It involves a combination of inner insight techniques AND real-world actions to move you forward towards your most rewarding life. This is the kind of coaching I offer!
To learn more about my holistic, mindfulness-based transformational coaching, please connect with me via phone so we can schedule our initial clarity call and explore if what I offer is a match for your needs.
Are there professional standards for the coaching industry?
Yes, there is a code of ethics, core competencies, accreditation processes and an International Coach Federation (industry association) that promotes the advancement of coaches. To learn more about this, click here: http://www.coachfederation.org/ICF/
How will I know you are the right coach for me?
During our initial conversations, together we will identify if this is an appropriate fit. So, before you say "yes", you will have a sample of what the coaching experience will be like. Until then, click on my ABOUT page to learn more about myself and my approach in coaching.
How do I get started in the coaching process?
If you are interested in beginning the coaching process, please contact me via phone so we can schedule our initial clarity call to further explore the details of the coaching relationship.
What can I expect from you as my coach?
- Be a partner in bringing out the best, the deepest and the truest in you;
- Provide safety, encouragement and support; an environment in which you can relax and explore;
- Respect the confidentiality of the agreements we make;
- Expand your view of what is possible and promote discovery of new insights;
- Give you input, straight feedback and operate as a sounding board;
- Listen carefully to what you say and ask questions that increase awareness;
- Be an on-going resource for you in accomplishing your intentions.
What if I sign up for this and decide it is not right for me? Do you have a money back guarantee?
Yes, I call it my "participate and get your money back" guarantee. If within the first month of our relationship you show up to the calls and participate fully in the coaching process, you can simply let me know this is not working for you and I will completely refund your money. To honour the coaching agreement and the coaching process, if you sign up and do not show up for your coaching sessions, do not do the follow up work, etc, then we will not refund your money.
SECURITY & CONFIDENTIALITY
Is this client centre and my data secured and safe?
Yes! In fact, there are 3 levels of security: provided to keep your data safe and confidential:
- Username and password protected;
- Verisign Security Certificate protects your data on this site;
- Secured pages (https://)
Is my information confidential?
Yes. This site is protected by a username/password system. You are the only one that has access to your information.
Can I contact you in-between our scheduled coaching sessions?
Yes! In the event that you would like support on something that comes up in between our meetings, you can post an inquiry to the Client Log and we can have "just in time" coaching via your Private Client Website.
ACCESSING THE PRIVATE CLIENT AREA
What is the "Register Now" link and when would I use it?
If you are interested in becoming a client or beginning the coaching process, you can create your own account to access the private client area. When you "register" I will be notified that your account has been created and will need to activate your account. This could take up to 24 hours.
How do I access your private client area and how do I log in?
Click on the Login link in the navigational menu of the website. Then enter the username and password that has been assigned to you. Don't have login information yet? Contact me so we can get an account created for you.
I have a password that I use for most of my on-line accounts. Can I change the password you assigned to me?
Yes. You will need to log in initially using the password I assigned to you. Once you log in, you can change your password at any time in your Client Profile page, that you find under the FORMS tab.
What if I forget or lose my password and login information?
If you simply forgot your password, you can still go to the Login page by clicking the Login link. Click on the blue link "forgot password" to the right of the "Login" button and, in the new "Forgot Password" window, enter your username and click on the "Continue" button. You will receive an email shortly with your password included.
If you misplaced both your username and password, contact me and I will forward you your information.
I’m trying to log in, but it will not accept my username or password, what do I do?
Remember that the login information is case sensitive, so enter it exactly like it was given to you. Also, type in your login credentials and DO NOT copy/paste it, as this procedure can include empty spaces, which count in a password, thus rendering incorrect. Again, if you do not remember your login credentials, you can contact me via email and I'll forward them to you.
FORMS, DOCUMENTS AND RESOURCES AVAILABLE
What makes up a "Welcome Packet" and what do I do with this?
A welcome packet consists of some basic forms, documents and resources that will help to get us started in the coaching process. By completing the information in the welcome packet, you are providing me with some helpful information, so that I know best how to support you, guide you and work together with you. It includes a "Client Profile" form, a "Goals" form and also a "Discovery" form. You will also find our coaching agreement located in this packet. It is customary for you to complete these items prior to our initial coaching session together.
What if I need to reschedule my appointment?
It's easy. With at least a 24 hour notice, you can reschedule any appointment by using the online calendar system. Just complete the following steps:
- Log into your Private Client Website Area.
- Click on the Calendar Menu.
- Locate and click on the desired block of “Available” time (or if you already have an existing appointment, click on the title of your existing appointment that you wish to reschedule)
- Click on the "edit" button and change the details of the appointment to correspond with an "Available" block of time.
- The calendar will update itself, you'll see your new appointment reflected and I will receive an email notification letting me know of the change.
PAYING FOR THE COACHING SERVICES
What are the various methods of payment I can use to pay for my coaching services?
Cash, Funds Transfer or Credit Card.
- When we first setup your Coaching Program, I will ask you to complete the "Credit Card Authorisation" form found under the Documents section of the private client area. Once I have the authorisation and billing information, I will automatically process your payments for you as outlined in the authorisation form.
- Alternatively, when you receive your monthly invoice, click on the link at the bottom of the invoice to log into the private client area and click on the Payments Menu. Here you can either enter your credit card number information and my system will automatically (and securely) process your payment.